9 Reasons to Do the Superior Sawtooth 100 Mile
Posted by scott on August 20, 2011
There are far more reasons to not do any 100 mile race than there are to do one. But here are 9 reasons to do the Superior Sawtooth 100 Mile Run:
- Awesome singletrack, and loads of it.
- Breathtaking scenery.
- 36-ish hours in the wilderness.
- Rocks, roots.
- Fantastic aid stations and aid station volunteers.
- A great Race Director (and family).
- Carleton Peak, Temperance River, Moose Mountain, Crosby-Manitou gorge(s).
- Hearing the Poplar River near the finish.
- Epic everything.
These factors are big enough for me that I feel a pull to tackle this race, even if I’m not quite ready. You should enter any race with a goal to finish, but this is one where any time on the trail is a great time.
Here’s to 102.6 miles on the greatest trail in Minnesota!